The Museum was established in 1884, as the University's Museum of General and Local Archaeology. Its first home was in Little St Mary's Lane, behind Peterhouse College, in a building which still has the name “Museum of Archaeology”.
Today the museum’s collection has more than 750,000 objects of research and historical value. There are over 100,000 photographs and negatives in the Photographic Archive. The Archaeology Department is on the ground floor and holds material from many internationally well-known sites. The British material includes important Palaeolithic, Mesolithic, Bronze Age, Roman and Saxon collections.
Home | About Ancientcraft | Events Calendar | Sitemap | Contact Ancientcraft | Copyright © 2009-2012 Ancientcraft